- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel’s Daredevil series is filling out its cast, adding a foe for blind attorney Matt Murdock — his titular alter ego.
The studio announced Tuesday on its website that Vincent D’Onofrio is joining the cast as Wilson Fisk. An antagonist, who also goes by “The Kingpin” in the Marvel universe, he was most famously notably portrayed by the late Michael Clarke Duncan in the 2003 film adaptation of Daredevil.
Likely not at “supervillain” status when Netflix’s 13-episode series kicks off in 2015, Fisk is described as “a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with Murdock.”
D’Onofrio’s addition to the cast comes after a very big month on the Daredevil front. Boardwalk Empire alum Charlie Cox was cast as Matt Murdock in late May, just a week after Steven S. DeKnight replaced Drew Goddard as showrunner.
Though known primarily for his film work, D’Onofrio enjoyed a long tenure on TV series Law & Order: Criminal Intent. He is repped by UTA, Silver Lining Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day