- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ving Rhames has joined the cast of the female-skewing cable network’s adaptation of A Day Late and a Dollar Short, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The TV movie is based on Terry McMillan‘s best-selling book of the same name and reunites star Whoopi Goldberg with the author. (The duo previously worked together when Goldberg co-starred opposite Angela Bassett in the feature adaptation of McMillan’s book How Stella Got Her Groove Back.)
Day Late revolves around Viola Price (Goldberg), who after learning that her next asthma attack is likely to kill her, sets out to fix her fractured family. Rhames will play Viola’s husband, Cecil.
Production will begin in the summer for a 2014 premiere. The pic is produced by Ostar Productions, Stephen Tolkin (Brothers & Sisters), Goldberg, Tom Leonardis, Jeffrey Hayes and Bill Haber. Tolkin will direct from a script penned by Shernold Edwards. A&E Networks will handle international sales.
Rhames’ credits include Pulp Fiction, TNT’s short-lived drama Monday Mornings, Gravity and Kojak. He next appears in the features In Security and Percentage. He’s repped by Kramer Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day