- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC has found one of its many McCoys.
Sideways alum Virginia Madsen has been tapped to co-star in NBC’s Hatfields & McCoys drama pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Set in present-day Pittsburgh, a startling death reignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue-collar McCoys will put the Hatfields’ wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city.
Madsen will play Eloise McCoy, a woman from a tough background flanked with insurmountable obstacles. She’s self-made and has raised her children to put family first. Despite her calm demeanor, she’s extremely vengeful and calculated, and will do anything for her family. After her husband is murdered, she manipulates Patrick McCoy into staying to take revenge on the Hatfields.
Eagle Eye‘s John Glenn will pen the script and executive produce alongside Charlize Theron, A.J. Dix, Dawn Olstead and Beau Flynn. Smash‘s Michael Mayer will direct the ABC Studios drama.
Madsen’s credits include arcs on Hell on Wheels, The Event and Monk. On the big screen, she earned a supporting actress Oscar nomination for her role in Sideways. Repped by UTA and Untitled, her credits also include The Number 23 and A Prairie Home Companion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day