- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios has made an agreement with Vivicast Media to represent its six 24-hour HD cable TV networks worldwide to find more distributors tocarry the services.
“The ability of Vivicast to license the networks to operators around the world combined with the expertise of Entertainment Studios Networks to provide these networks makes a stellar combination,” said Stuart Smitherman, President of Vivicast Media, in a statement.
Vivicast acts as a cooperative for cable TV systems, satellite services, Telco’s and others who provide content to consumers. As part of the deal Vivicast will work with Entertainment Studios Janice Arouh to seek both domestic and international distribution for the channels.
The networks are Cars.TV, Comedy.TV, ES.TV (entertainment news), MyDestination.TV (travel), Pets.TV and Recipe. TV (food and cuisine).
The networks were launched in May 2009 and are already carried by Verizon FiOS, Sky Angel and the Roku streaming player. They carry shows like Comics Unleashed and Every Woman, produced by Entertainment Studios,most of which are also sold to stations individually in the TV syndication market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day