- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Weeks ahead of the return of The Voice, NBC has named the new advisers for the fifth cycle.
Cher will serve as an adviser to Blake Shelton, whose finalists have won The Voice the past three seasons; Sheeran will work with returning coach Christina Aguilera; Tedder will team up with Adam Levine; and Miguel will work with Cee Lo Green.
“This group of wildly successful musicians will add their distinctive talents to their respective teams,” said Paul Telegdy, president of late night and alternative programming at NBC Entertainment. “I know Christina, Adam, Cee Lo and Blake are very much looking forward to having them come aboard.”
Past mentors for The Voice have included Hillary Scott, Pharrell Williams, Taylor Swift, Joel Madden, Sheryl Crow, Michael Buble, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mary J. Blige, Rob Thomas, Bill Withers, Jennifer Hudson, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, Alanis Morissette, Jewel, Miranda Lambert and Kelly Clarkson.
The Voice kicks off Sept. 23 on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
William Jackson Harper
Friends: The Reunion