- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s The Voice can claim bragging rights over other TV singing competitions when it comes to its coaches performing on the show. They do so almost weekly. Such was the case for Blake Shelton, who performed his newest single, “Over,” off the album, Red River Blue on Monday’s episode.
It was a bit of a departure from the more upbeat songs we’ve seen him perform before and he did it sans guitar. That gave him a chance to focus on singing the ballad, working the stage and getting up close and personal with the live audience members. However, that didn’t stop him from doing a little air guitar. The performance did get his fellow coaches bobbing their heads to the beat.
If Shelton is lucky, the single may get a big sales push from the performance like his fellow coach, Adam Levine. After he and Maroon 5 performed their new single, “Payphone,” last week, it shot up to Billboard’s Hot 100 and became the highest weekly download by a group.
Watch the performance below and tell us what you think of Shelton’s new single in the comments section.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
We Are Lady Parts
Behind The Screen