- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I’m really excited to work with Cee Lo and love the idea that I may be in the room with a future superstar that the world has yet to discover,” Thomas told Us Weekly.
Singer/songwriter Thomas, who is the frontman of rock group Matchbox Twenty, has also released two solo albums, Something to Be (2005) and Cradlesong (2009). Matchbox Twenty has released three studio albums, one compilation album, three video albums and 20 singles.
As a mentor, Thomas will meet with contestants and give them tips before their performances. NBC has yet to announce the mentors for Christina Aguilera‘s teams, so several other big names in music could possibly drop by the show in the upcoming season.
Mary J. Blige and Michael Buble have already been announced as mentors for Adam Levine and Blake Shelton’s teams respectively.
Previous mentors on The Voice have included Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert, Alanis Morissette and Robin Thicke.
The third season of The Voice premieres Sept. 10 on NBC.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day