- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Since news broke last month that BBC1 had won the rights to broadcast UK’s version of The Voice, several names have been floated as possible coaches, including British singers, Cheryl Cole and Adele, and someone fans of the NBC show know well: Cee Lo Green.
“The UK press are bandying lots of names around – one of which is Cee Lo – but none of which are confirmed,” she continues. “It’s far too early for us to be talking about who may or may not be involved – we’ve only really just announced the commission and the show won’t be on air until well into next year.”
On Wednesday, Green’s rep told us exclusively that the singer has no agreement in place to join The Voice UK, but had no comment on whether he’s currently in talks with the British broadcaster to join the show.
Cole’s name popped up as a possible coach soon after the BBC agreement was announced as her recent back and forth with both the U.S. and British versions of X Factor left her without a spot on either show and thus a fan favorite to join the The Voice UK‘s coaches’ panel. She has recently hinted that she’s taking a meeting for something to air next year.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day