- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Voice’s inaugural winner, Javier Colon, really knows how to keep the momentum moving. He appeared on the Today show Friday and talked about how close his win over Dia Frampton was, how the win is reinvigorating his career, and he dropped the news that a musical reunion is in the works with the musician coaches.
Co-host Matt Lauer asked the 34-year-old if there were any plans for a duet with his coach, Maroon 5’s Adam Levine. And Colon said, “Absolutely.”
“We’ve already talked about it and we’re going to do some things in the studio together,” he continues. “We also talked to Cee Lo [Green]. Cee Lo, as well, wants to get together. So, we’re going to do some fun things, fun things in the future.”
Colon will also reunite with the show’s top eight finalists when they hit the road for a summer concert tour beginning July 27. He won the competition Wednesday over Frampton with only 2% of the vote separating them. On Thursday, his original song, “Stitch By Stitch,” became the No. 1 song on iTunes.
Watch the interview below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day