- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cowell hasn’t made his feelings secret about NBC’s choice to pit The Voice against Fox’s The X Factor, telling reporters last week that the showdown constituted a violation of a “gentleman’s agreement” and he was “pissed off” about it.
“Every time I turn around the guy is mouthing off,” an exasperated Shelton says. “Don’t y’all wish you had time to bitch and moan like that? It’s like, ‘Do you own show! Come on! Put something together there and do you thing.'”
Shelton adds, “We’ll just do ours and we won’t mouth off about you. I wish I had that much time. The guy must just have more free time than he knows what to do with.”
In the end, it will be the viewers who decide who comes out on top in this battle of these musical mentors. X Factor‘s much-hooplah’d second season debut airs tonight on Fox, while The Voice‘s third season debuted on NBC on Monday to softer-than-season-2 numbers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day