- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On the night of the NBC show’s finale, Late Night with Conan O’Brien comedian Andy Richter tweeted a photo from the reality competition’s lot revealing an interesting set-up.
Richter’s caption? “Well lah-dee-dah!”
Ritcher’s photo, which was obviously tongue-in-cheek, could have been a nod to the stories circulating the internet about Aguilera’s “VIP treatment.”
As The Hollywood Reporter first reported, the singer also pulls in more than $225,000 for each hour-long episode she judges, while her co-stars make around $75,000 each.
“I was willing to pay a premium,” NBC head of alternative programming Paul Telegdy told THR of the show’s high production costs.
And, one of her co-stars even agrees with the pay difference. “Well, no shit — she’s Christina Aguilera!,” Shelton said. Adding, “Hell, I’d pay her more too, you know what I mean?”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day