- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Studios’ new Walking Dead attraction, which opens to the public July 4, was unveiled Tuesday, and The Hollywood Reporter was on hand to get a first look.
The permanent attraction walks amusement park attendees through a post-apocalyptic world, where they must fight for survival and fend off an onslaught of walkers.
Greg Nicotero, who has served as director, executive producer and special effects makeup supervisor on the AMC series, spoke to attendees before the big reveal, explaining that fans will get to revisit the series’ most memorable moments through the exhibit.
“This is a great opportunity for them to walk in the footsteps that Rick has walked in, that Daryl has walked in, by entering this attraction and getting a little bit of the greatest hits of what we’ve done over the last six years,” Nicotero said. “Everything that we used on The Walking Dead television show, we have re-created here in painstakingly gory detail.”
Go behind the scenes of the upcoming exhibit in the video below. For more Walking Dead coverage, go to THR.com/WalkingDead.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day