- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chandler Riggs has filmed his last scene of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
During Sunday’s midseason premiere, the erstwhile Carl Grimes said his final farewells to Rick (Andrew Lincoln), Michonne (Danai Gurira) and kid sister Judith (Kinsley Isla Dillon), while also establishing a vision for what he’d like to see his father accomplish going forward.
When you look back, do you have a favorite memory, onscreen or off?
In episode four or five of season four, when Rick and Carl were mowing down all the walkers at the prison, that was definitely my favorite moment. It was the night of my 14th birthday and child labor laws say that anyone under 14 can’t handle a firearm on set. It was the night of my 14th birthday and we all counted down to midnight and Andy handed me a machine gun. That scene was so much fun to film; it felt like I was in a video game.
Did you keep anything from the show?
No, I didn’t want to take anything. But you’ll definitely see different pieces of Carl’s throughout the next few episodes.
Will you continue to watch the show?
Of course! I’ve always been a fan of the show and I always will be.
Follow THR.com/WalkingDead for full coverage of season eight and the fallout from Carl’s death.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day