- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Publisher Skybound and writer-creator Robert Kirkman are teaming for The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego, an obstacle course where participants can do one of three things: be a survivor and race through a zombie-infested evacuation zone; be a walker who joins the ranks of the undead; or a spectator who watches from the sidelines during an Escape Party.
The event, set to run in conjunction with San Diego Comic Con on July 12-15, will celebrate the 100th issue of the Image/Skybound Comic series that inspired AMC’s popular zombie drama.
“Our fans have been reading about it, watching it and now they get to live it with The Walking Dead Escape,” Kirkman said in a statement. “We are literally transforming Petco Park into the early days of society’s collapse and San Diego is just the first city to fall.”
The course, while not a race, is designed to be an experience where participants can experience interactive displays and Walking Dead references along the course, which when completed will determine whether or not you’ve been infected (though we have a hunch everyone already is!).
Registration opens May 16 at TheWalkingDeadEscape.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day