- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
[Warning: The following story contains spoilers about the seventh-season premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead.]
Many viewers of AMC’s The Walking Dead took the shocking deaths of two fan favorites in the latest season premiere as personally as a death in the family. One Arkansas newspaper took it a step further.
This week, the Batesville Daily Guard published an obituary for — spoiler alert — the popular character Glenn Rhee, who was brutally killed in the newest episode of the zombie apocalypse drama.
With a headline of “RIP, Glenn,” the obituary says the character’s “commitment to moral principles in a world-gone-mad breathed hope and promise into those around him.” The obit seeks justice for Rhee’s death in lieu of flowers.
The newspaper says the obituary was written by Frank Vaughn, a soldier currently stationed in Puerto Rico who writes occasional columns for the paper.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day