- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walking Dead alum Jon Bernthal has landed a killer role on the second season of Netflix’s Daredevil.
Bernthal has been tapped to portray Marvel favorite the Punisher on the series starring Charlie Cox, Marvel announced Tuesday. While series regular vs. recurring details are being kept close to the vest, Bernthal will have what is said to be a big presence on the series.
On Daredevil, the Punisher is a vigilante who aims to clean up New York’s Hell’s Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results. The character is also known as Frank Castle, a martial arts master and U.S. military veteran who is an expert with a variety of weapons and guerrilla warfare.
See more Broadcast TV’s New Shows 2015-16
For Bernthal, the role marks his latest small-screen gig following TNT’s Mob City and features Wolf of Wall Street and Fury. He previously starred as another comic book favorite, playing Shane for two seasons on AMC’s zombie drama The Walking Dead. He’s repped by WME and The Burstein Co.
The Punisher has previously been portrayed on the big screen by Dolph Lundgren (1989), Thomas Jane (2004) and Ray Stevenson (2008).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day