- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walking Dead actor Markice Moore is currently recovering after having been hospitalized for a suicide attempt, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Moore, who played Andrew in several season-three episodes of the hit AMC drama, was found unresponsive at his Woodland Hills home Tuesday morning. He was taken to the hospital and placed under a psychiatric hold for 72 hours.
Moore, 28, is now home and recuperating. A source tells THR that his grandmother’s recent death played a role in his distress and that he regrets attempting suicide.
“Mr. Moore is focused on getting the help he needs and moving forward with his life to live it to the fullest,” the actor’s rep told THR in a statement. “He has a bright future ahead of him that he is looking forward to.
“At this time we ask that you respect his privacy while he is taking time to heal and keep Markice and his family in your prayers,” the statement continued.
Moore has also appeared in the 2006 film ATL and in episodes of Meet the Browns and Army Wives.
A video that the actor posted Sunday to YouTube can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day