- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The zombie drama will once again open its season with a 90-minute episode on Sunday, Oct. 16 at 9 p.m., kicking off the two-weeklong Fearfest. The supersized premiere will be aired internationally following the U.S. premiere.
Following the premiere, six more episodes will air in the following weeks. But unlike the first season, which only featured six episodes, AMC will break out the second half of the season to air next year. The final six episodes of the season will begin airing Sunday, Feb. 12 at 9 p.m. New unscripted series Secret Stash, executive produced by Kevin Smith, Charlie Corwin and Elyse Seiden will air in conjunction with The Walking Dead in 2012.
AMC is mulling a talk show, hosted by Chris Hardwick, revolving around its scripted slate.
The Walking Dead, based on the comics by Robert Kirkman, has been in the spotlight as of late, with showrunner Frank Darabont exiting the series and Glen Mazzara stepping into the position. Darabont gave no indication at Comic-Con this year that he was stepping down, noting at the time that there would be three major characters added to the drama.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day