- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AMC’s The Walking Dead won’t wait long to offer viewers a feel for what to expect under new showrunner Scott Gimple.
In a new video offering the first glimpse at the zombie drama’s new season, producers reveal that the first episode back will be penned by Gimple. The writer-producer’s writing credits on the series include two of its most well-received episodes to date — the “Clear” hour that featured Morgan’s return as well as the season-two installment “Pretty Much Dead Already” where poor zombie Sophia comes out of the barn.
Gimple marks Walking Dead‘s third showrunner. He replaces Glen Mazzara, who followed Frank Darabont at the helm of the record-breaking series.
Additionally, Emmy-winning VFX guru Greg Nicotero will again step behind the camera to direct the season-four premiere, which he describes as “bigger than any script I’ve ever done before.”
“[There’s] new people coming in, some great character turns, great twists that will delight the fans,” Nicotero adds.
Check out the first-look video to get a feel for what the series, based on Robert Kirkman‘s graphic novels, has in store. The Walking Dead returns in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day