- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walking Dead‘s Lauren Cohan is a real survivor.
The actress, who plays Hershel’s fierce daughter, Maggie, has been upped from her recurring role to a series regular for the upcoming third season of AMC’s zombie drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, Cohan will have a larger presence in Season 3 of the series, based on the comics created by Robert Kirkman.
Maggie survived the bloody second season, escaping the burning farm with Glenn (Steven Yeun) and reuniting with the group as Glenn (finally) professed his love for her. In the long-running Image/Skybound comic series, Maggie continues to be a force to reckon with and a loyal partner to Glenn.
Season 3 will mark Walking Dead‘s biggest season to date and consist of 16 episodes, with the season split in two runs of eight episodes apiece as the lost group inches closer toward a mysterious prison.
With Cohan’s promotion and the addition of legendary comic character Michonne — to be played by Treme‘s Danai Gurira — Season 3 is shaping up to be a big one for the ladies of The Walking Dead.
Are you excited to see more of kick-ass Maggie in Season 3?Walking Dead will return in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day