- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fans of AMC’s The Walking Dead are about to get up close and personal with two iconic characters from Robert Kirkman’s comic series.
Just days before the series and Image Comics/Skybound title invade San Diego Comic-Con, AMC has released the key art for the third season of the zombie drama and it showcases Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes front and center with iconic characters Michonne (Danai Gurira) and the Governor (David Morrissey).
Michonne first appeared in the final moments of the series’ Season 2 finale as a hooded and sword-wielding woman who saves Andrea (Laurie Holden) from near certain death at the hungry hands of a walker.
The Governor, meanwhile, has yet to be seen but the evil villain from the long-running comics typically shows up in Woodbury, when Rick’s band of survivors stumble upon the new town.
The first footage from Season 3 will premiere Sunday during a special Talking Dead with as part of a special Walking Dead preview weekend featuring all 19 episodes of Seasons 1 and 2 that will feature a broadcast of the pilot in black and white.
Check out the official poster, below. The Walking Dead returns in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day