- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walking Dead‘s Governor is getting a right-hand man.
The Good Wife‘s Dallas Roberts has boarded the AMC drama as Milton, a new character to the universe created by Robert Kirkman, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by EW, Roberts will play The Governor’s (David Morrissey) “details guy” who helps the notorious leader rule the Woodbury community that will be featured on the upcoming third season of the zombie drama.
Kirkman described the character as a “smart guy” who is attempting to learn the ways of the new post-apocalyptic world — including how zombies behave, complete with experiments.
While the character is new to the Walking Dead universe and not previously featured in the Image comics series Kirkman created, his efforts to make himself useful in the new world while not being an effective zombie slayer bear similar resemblance to Eugene, who crosses paths with Rick and company after the survivors cross paths with the Governor.
Roberts’ credits include AMC’s short-lived Rubicon and Showtime’s The L Word.
The Walking Dead returns Oct. 14 on AMC.