- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 22-year-old actor known for playing Noah on The Walking Dead and the title role on Everybody Hates Chris told Flicks and the City that he appreciates fans having launched campaigns for him to play a film version of Miles Morales, who debuted as the web slinger in the Marvel comics universe in 2011 following the death of Peter Parker.
“I kind of follow the Miles Morales character quite a bit,” Williams said. “And I’m open to the idea, I am. I’m not starting campaigns or anything for it because I trust Marvel. I’ve read for them before. So I trust what their decisions will be.”
“But yeah, I’d love to do it,” he continued. “I would absolutely love to do it.”
Sadly for Miles fans, Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada confirmed in March that the forthcoming Spider-Man project, set for a July 2017 release, would focus on Peter Parker.
Williams’ comments about the character can be seen in the video below, starting at the 1:41 mark.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day