- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walking Dead will debut its 10th season on AMC this fall, but that’s not the only way the zombie franchise is expanding in the near future.
Skybound Entertainment will release a new novel set in Robert Kirkman’s iconic universe called The Walking Dead: Typhoon, written by Wesley Chu. The book, which arrives Oct. 1, is set in China, which has thus far been unseen in any other iteration of Walking Dead, from the comics to the TV series and beyond. It’s the latest move forward for a franchise changing and expanding with the same tenacity of the dead at the heart of the tale; in addition to the novel, a new Walking Dead television series is in development, focusing on young survivors of the apocalypse, eyeing a 2020 debut.
What exactly does The Walking Dead: Typhoon have in store for fans of the franchise, and in what ways will it expand the universe? Although the full answer won’t arrive until the book’s release this fall, early warnings are ready now. Below, The Hollywood Reporter presents an exclusive excerpt from The Walking Dead: Typhoon, as well as a first glimpse at the cover, with art by Jasper Shaw and designed by Andres Juarez.
Follow THR.com/WalkingDead for more coverage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day