- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The comedian and producing partner Page Hurwitz are teaming up with the cabler’s NickMom, the nighttime comedy block targeting moms, for an untitled comedy project through the newly inked development deal.
The project will join a slate of new series in development for NickMom, from reality competition to a “docu-comedy,” and bold-face names like Whoopi Goldberg. The development news comes months after Sykes and Hurwitz, through their Push It production company, inked a pact with NBC to bring back Last Comic Standing in the summer via their Universal TV overall deal.
“We are thrilled to be collaborating with the talented Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Productions, Inc. to develop hilarious new content for NickMom,” said Bronwen O’Keefe, senior vp NickMom.
Additionally, NickMom has ordered six episodes of a new hidden camera series, Undercover Cupid, from producer Scott Stone. Hosted by Whose Line Is It Anyway?‘s Nyima Funk, the series follows unsuspecting single moms and dads who are surprised to meet three eligible dates picked by their kids as they live their lives.
NickMom airs daily from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. PST/EST on Nick Jr.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day