- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix is going back to battle with Warrior Nun. The streamer has renewed the action series for a second season. The pickup, which Netflix announced Wednesday on social media, comes about six weeks after its July 2 debut.
Simon Barry (Ghost Wars) created and executive produces the show, which is based on a manga series about Ava (Alba Baptista), a 19-year-old woman who wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life — and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she’s part of an ancient order that fights demons on Earth, and powerful forces from both heaven and hell want to find and control her.
Toya Turner, Tristán Ulloa, Lorena Andrea, Kristina Tonteri-Young, Thekla Reuten, Sylvia De Fanti, Joaquim De Almeida, Olivia Delcan, May Simón Lifschitz, Dmitri Abold and Charlotte Vega also star.
Warrior Nun joins a list of recent Netflix renewals that also includes Never Have I Ever, Outer Banks, Kenya Barris’ #BlackAF, Sweet Magnolias and Dead to Me.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day