- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Empire fans just got a glimpse into season two of the Fox hip-hop drama.
A new 55-second promo, titled “Far From Grace,” shows Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson returning to their roles as Lucious and Cookie Lyon.
Lucious, whose family is suspected to have put him behind bars as a means to take over Empire records, is shown living in prison throughout the trailer. “Look at how much we’ve been through. I want my family together,” Lucious‘ voice is heard saying over flashes of scenes from the new season.
“Lucious is a musical genius, but he’s lost his way,” says Cookie.
The new promo reveals Cookie visiting Lucious in prison, when her husband says to her, “It’s crazy how I can love you and hate you at the same moment.” She replies, “I call it torture.”
Empire, which is up for three Emmys, returns for season two on Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day