- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jack Black has made a career out of melding music with funny business (think: School of Rock and Tenacious D). Last night, he returned to familiar territory with Jimmy Fallon, crafting a scene-for-scene remake of Extreme’s music video for 1990 acoustic hit “More Than Words.”
Jack and Jimmy took a trip back in time on The Tonight Show, back to when rockers had big hair and it was cool for two guys to give long, knowing looks to the camera. Jack tried on Gary Cherone’s style, while Jimmy got all the laughs with his impression of guitar great Nuno Bettencourt. Watch the clip below.
“More Than Words” was a career-defining hit for Extreme, reaching No. 1 in the U.S. and peaking at No. 2 in the U.K. It’s also the most parodied work from the one-time funk-metal band’s catalog, earning sendups from the likes of Weird Al Yankovic and comedy duo Paul and Storm. Check out the original clip below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant