- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Some viewers were underwhelmed by this weekend’s premiere episode of Saturday Night Live. But there’s definitely one bit that had people buzzing.
Pete Davidson was the lone new castmember added this summer to the venerable NBC sketch show, aside from Michael Che, who was hired for Weekend Update. Davidson made his debut Saturday on Update with a routine about how much it would take for him to go down on a guy.
Read more ‘SNL’ Premiere Recap: Chris Pratt Taps His Privates … A Lot
“If you don’t go down on a guy for a million dollars, you obviously don’t care about your family,” Davidson concluded.
Davidson made quite an impression in his first appearance, and the crowd definitely loved the bit. Davidson himself had trouble keeping a straight face after delivering a line about running out of boat fuel.
This bodes well for Davidson’s future on the show. Four of last season’s new castmembers are no longer appearing on the show — one, Mike O’Brien, returned to the writers’ room — after failing to distinguish themselves.
SNL returns next week with host Sarah Silverman and musical guest Maroon 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day