- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This is an exciting day for Hatsune Miku. Or it would be, if she were capable of expressing emotion.
Miku, a holographic “vocaloid” with a synthesized singing voice, was the musical guest on Wednesday’s Late Show. She performed the song “Sharing the World.”
David Letterman has never been one to hide his snark when he’s not completely impressed with a guest, and this episode was no exception. The host seemed both bewildered and a bit embarrassed as he and Miku stood there waving at each other.
“[It’s] like being on Willie Nelson‘s bus,” Letterman cracked about the hallucinatory feel of the performance.
Miku, who is the subject of an art exhibit opening Thursday in NYC, is not likely to let the high-profile TV gig go to her head. Indeed, she has already opened for Lady Gaga on her world tour earlier this year.
Experience the head-scratching spectacle for yourself in the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day