- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WE TV, the cable network currently making over Here Comes Honey Boo Boo personality “Mama June” Shannon, is beefing up two reality franchises — ordering spinoffs of Marriage Boot Camp and Growing Up Hip Hop.
The new titles, Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Family Edition and Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta, will both arrive this year. The Boot Camp follow hits the airwaves April 28, with Atlanta to follow sometime later in 2017.
“Both Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars and Growing Up Hip Hop are standout series in their own right and have become important franchises for WE tv, helping to solidify the network as a destination for viewers on Thursdays and Fridays who seek out great stories and big personalities,” said WE TV president Marc Juris. “With more stories to tell and more fascinating personalities to follow, the time was right to expand each of these series through compelling spinoffs that focus on the complicated and wholly relatable dynamic of families.”
The new Boot Camp promises “a compelling cast of famous and famously dysfunctional families dealing with notorious and well-publicized rifts.” Like the parent city, it’s produced by Thinkfactory Media. Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta comes from Entertainment One and Turner Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day