- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A meteorologist for The Weather Channel was killed after crashing his car through an Atlanta parking garage wall and plowing into an adjacent hotel, injuring a worker.
The Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed to news outlets that 39-year-old Nicholas Wiltgen was pronounced dead Sunday evening after the crash at Midtown Atlanta’s Colony Square Mall.
Atlanta police spokeswoman Kim Jones said Wiltgen’s car traveled about 20 feet into the adjacent W Atlanta-Midtown, where it hit a hotel worker in a storage area. The worker was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The Weather Company President of Product and Technology Cameron Clayton wrote in an email to employees that Wiltgen was a senior digital meteorologist who had been with the company for over 15 years.
Authorities haven’t said what caused the crash.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day