- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
No word on when the new show will be launched, but it will leverage Radar Online’s pop culture stories and audience to enter the TV newsmagazine space.
“Our television department has made a huge mark in the reality programming sector, and we’re so happy to be taking the next step into the talk show format,” TWC co-chairman Harvey Weinstein, whose film company is growing its TV unit, said in a statement Monday.
The new show will use Radar Online’s reporting team, including correspondents in New York, Los Angeles and across the U.S.. American Media president and CEO David Pecker in his own statement said the project continues the evolution of Radio Online in the TV space.
“Partnering with the incredible team at The Weinstein Company underscores the trust and influence of Radar’s reporting and bringing it to life in an innovative, fresh new format for the news magazine genre,” Pecker said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day