- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Megan Spanjian has joined UTA as a senior packaging exec in the TV department.
Spanjian arrives at the Hollywood talent agency from the embattled Weinstein Co., where she was executive vp and head of scripted TV as the company sought buyers to acquire it or some of its assets. TWC has now sought the protection of bankruptcy court.
In her new role at UTA, Spanjian will work with writers, directors, producers and talent to package IP and create new content. While at TWC, Spanjian oversaw scripted TV and acquisitions, with her credits including Waco, Guantanamo and Yellowstone.
She also worked in drama development at CBS, where her credits included Reckless, The Messengers, Elementary and Jane the Virgin.
“As the television and content landscape continues to shift, we are confident that Megan’s diverse background will be a tremendous asset to our team,” UTA board member and head of TV Matt Rice said Thursday in a statement.
“After being on the studio side for more than a decade, I’m excited to become part of an agency that I’ve truly admired. UTA is home to many top-tier creators and I look forward to working across the agency to help develop and cultivate great content,” Spanjian said in her own statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day