- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
I bet if you ask Wendy Williams, “How you doing?,” her answer will be “pretty good.” The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the talk show has just been renewed for an additional two seasons through 2014 on Fox-owned stations.
The syndicated daily one-hour talk show produced by Debmar-Mercury performs well across the country, including being the No. 1 rated show in its timeslot among women 25-54 in the New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington D.C., Houston, Detroit, Minneapolis, and Orlando markets.
This season, the show has landed some big guests. It was the only daytime talk show to snag Charlie Sheen before his Comedy Central Roast and the debut of Two and a Half Men with his replacement, Ashton Kutcher. It also got Fantasia Barrino’s first comments on rumors that she had been fired from the biopic about gospel singer Mahalia Jackson.
The show premiered on July 14, 2008 in select markets including Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York City. It was then picked up for a full season that began its run on July 13, 2009. The additional seasons in this announcement follow the show’s January renewal through 2012.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day