- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HBO got into the Super Bowl excitement on Sunday, premiering the official trailer for the highly anticipated second season of Westworld. The promo also revealed the drama would kick off its second season on April 22 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
The spot, which featured the first new footage from the series after a jam-packed Comic-Con trailer was unspooled in July, marked HBO’s first Super Bowl ad in 20 years.
Westworld, which took all of 2017 off to avoid production delays that plagued the show ahead of its first season, last aired a new episode in December 2016. Producers have said the extra time allowed them to complete writing on all the scripts before starting production. (Production on season two has already been completed.)
The promo was created by Westworld co-showrunner/co-creator Jonah Nolan and features footage specifically filmed for the big Super Bowl ad (meaning not everything from the trailer will be included in season two).
Season two of Westworld will feature a number of new faces. Among them: series regulars Gustaf Skarsgard (Vikings), Fares Fares (Tyrant), Katja Herbers (The Leftovers) and Neil Jackson plus recurring players Betty Gabriel (Good Girls Revolt) and Jonathan Tucker (Kingdom).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show