- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Westworld has signed Oscar winner Ariana DeBose to join the robot apocalypse for season four.
HBO’s dystopian sci-fi drama has cast the West Side Story actress in an undisclosed role as a recurring guest star.
She’ll join returning actors Evan Rachel Wood, Thandiwe Newton, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, Tessa Thompson, Luke Hemsworth, Aaron Paul and Angela Sarafyan.
DeBose has won an Oscar, a SAG Award and a Golden Globe. In addition to West Side Story, where she garnered widespread praise for playing Anita, she also appeared in the filmed stage recording of Hamilton and in Netflix’s The Prom.
The news comes on the heels of the show’s fourth season getting a teaser trailer, below, and a premiere date: June 26.
The fourth season is simply described as “a dark odyssey about the fate of sentient life on earth.”
DeBose is repped by CAA, AC Management, The Lede Company, and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Unstable’ Review: Rob Lowe and Son John Owen Lowe Make a Winning Pair in a Netflix Comedy That Keeps the Focus on Fun
‘Bachelor’: Zach Shallcross and Kaity Biggar Discuss “Painful” Finale, Fantasy Suite Challenges and Show’s Vetting Process
Jennifer Aniston Says “There’s a Whole Generation of People” Who Finds ‘Friends’ Offensive