- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
White Famous hails from Californication creator Tom Kapinos, who penned the script for the series. The project is based on an original idea by Jamie Foxx and his experiences coming up through the business. A co-production between Lionsgate Television and Showtime, White Famous focuses on a talented, young African-American comedian, Floyd Mooney (Saturday Night Live alum Jay Pharoah), whose star is rising, forcing him to navigate the treacherous waters of maintaining his credibility as he begins to crossover toward becoming “white famous.” Tim Story directed the pilot and also will executive produce.
The comedy is set to debut Sunday, Oct. 15, at 10 p.m ET/PT after Ray Donovan. Watch the trailer, below.
SMILF, a 10-episode comedy based on Frankie Shaw’s short film of the same name, is set to launch Sunday, Nov. 5, at 10 p.m. ET/PT, following the season-eight premiere of Shameless. Shaw stars, writes, directs and produces the semi-autobiographical comedy, with Michael London (Sideways), Janice Williams (Confirmation) and Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (The Office, Bad Teacher) executive producing. Rosie O’Donnell co-stars in the Showtime and ABC Signature Studios co-production.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day