- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
President Barack Obama got a little assistance during his White House Correspondents’ Dinner speech on Saturday.
Key & Peele star Keegan-Michael Key made a surprise appearance, playing the commander in chief’s anger translator, Luther, who helped him voice what was really on his mind.
After Obama thanked everyone for attending the event, Luther chimed in with, “I mean, really, what is this dinner? And why am I required to come to it? Jeb Bush, do you really want to do this?”
Luther had some choice words for CNN’s Ebola coverage. “For two whole weeks, we were one step away from The Walking Dead — and then you all got up and just moved on to the next thing,” said Luther, who also compared Hillary Clinton to Khaleesi on Game of Thrones.
However, the tables turned when Obama’s speech turned to climate change. “Miami floods on a sunny day, and instead of doing anything about it, we’ve got elected officials throwing snowballs in the Senate,” Obama said, at which point Luther had to cut him off.
“You don’t need an anger translator; you need counseling,” Luther told him.
To see Luther’s surprising comment to Michelle Obama, watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams