- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oprah Winfrey still has it. She has snagged an exclusive interview with the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, for Oprah’s Next Chapter airing Sunday, March 11 at 9 p.m.
In addition to Bobbi Kristina, Winfrey will speak to Houston’s sister-in-law and manager Patricia Houston, and brother Gary Houston.
According to a release from the network, “Bobbi Kristina shares personal memories of her mom and how she would like the iconic superstar to be remembered. The family also addresses the rumors and speculation surrounding Houston’s death.”
Before the interview at 7 p.m., OWN will re-air its special, Remembering Whitney: The Oprah Interview, which features the singer’s 2009 interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show and Winfrey’s own personal memories of the star.
The initial Feb. 16 airing of the Remembering Whitney special, which aired within a week of Whitney Houston’s sudden death, brought in 830,000 viewers and offered solid showings in weekend encores.
OWN, which struggled with viewership in its first year, is seeing an upswing in its year-over-year ratings as Winfrey has stepped into a more on-screen role with shows like Oprah’s Next Chapter and Oprah’s Lifeclass.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day