- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Sypek and Kate Lang Johnson have enrolled in ABC Family’s Phys Ed.
The two have been tapped to co-star in the multicamera comedy pilot from American Pie 2‘s David H. Steinberg, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Phys Ed, picked up to pilot in September, revolves around Ed, a high school’s star jock who returns to teach at his former alma mater only to find that even though he’s changed, nothing else really has.
Sypek will play Ed, while Johnson will play Janie, a teacher at the school that Ed ignored during their high school years together who is now the object of his affections.
For Sypek, the casting marks his return to ABC Family, where he starred for four seasons on the network’s first original scripted series, horse racing drama Wildfire. His credits also include episodes of Hollywood Heights and Happy Endings. He’s repped by Pakula/King & Associates and Principato-Young.
Johnson is best known for her role on NBC’s 2010 series Persons Unknown. Her credits also include episodes of CSI: NY, The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Hellcats. She’s repped by Innovative, McKeon-Myones Management and Stone Meyer.
Steinberg wrote and executive produced the pilot, which hails from Prodco.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day