- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, who won an Oscar for their screenplay for Alexander Payne’s The Descendants, are on board to direct the feature, titled Downhill, for Fox Searchlight.
The black comedy follows a family on vacation in the Alps who are thrown into disarray when the husband runs away, leaving his wife and two children behind, during what he thought was an avalanche. Succession creator Jesse Armstrong penned the script.
Louis-Dreyfus will produce with Anthony Bregman. Executive producers are Stefanie Azpiazu and Erik Hemmendorff, along with Force Majeure director Ruben Ostlund.
Faxon and Rash made their directorial debut with Fox Searchlight’s The Way Way Back. They are repped by CAA and Stone Genow.
Ferrell, who is repped by UTA, Mosaic and Jackoway Austen, was last onscreen in the Paramount comedy Daddy’s Home 2 and will next be in theaters with Sony’s Holmes & Watson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day