- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ferrell will play a mild-mannered radio executive looking to become the best stepdad to his wife’s two children just as their freewheeling and freeloading real father (Wahlberg) arrives on the scene. Red Granite Pictures will co-produce and co-finance the film, to be directed by Sean Anders.
Paramount Pictures will distribute worldwide after production on Daddy’s Home gets underway later this year. Brian Burns wrote the film’s screenplay, with revisions by Anders, John Morris, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay and Etan Cohen.
Morris will produce with Ferrell, Henchy and McKay through their Gary Sanchez Productions banner. The executive producers are Riza Aziz, Joey McFarland and David Koplan from Red Granite Pictures, along with Kevin Messick and Jessica Elbaum of Gary Sanchez, Anders and Diana Pokorny.
Red Granite also backed Horns, the Daniel Radcliffe-starring supernatural thriller released last weekend by Dimension-RADiUS, and also produced Dumb and Dumber To, the buddy comedy film sequel by Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly to be released on Nov. 14 by Universal Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day