- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Ferrell is feeling presidential.
The comedic actor, who has already portrayed President George W. Bush in skits and onstage, has set his sights on another Republican, President Ronald Reagan.
Ferrell is attached to star in and produce Reagan, a Black List script by Mike Rosolio, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Ferrell will produce via his production banner Gary Sanchez Productions.
No director is on board but the project is being packaged in order to be shopped.
The logline, via the Black List, describes the story thusly: “When Ronald Reagan falls into dementia at the start of his second term, an ambitious intern is tasked with convincing the Commander-In-Chief that he is an actor playing the President in a movie.”
The Black List did a live reading of the script in March and even saw James Brolin act as Reagan while John Cho played the intern. Lena Dunham and Nathan Fillion were also on the playbill.
Ferrell is repped by UTA and Mosaic. Rosolio is repped by UTA and Kaplan/Perrone.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day