- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amid the smorgasbord of flashy, slickly produced Super Bowl ads starring Howard Stern (promoting NBC’s America’s Got Talent), David Beckham (H&M) and Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller (Honda), there was an obscure spot from Will Ferrell for Old Milwaukee beer.
Unless you live in Nebraska, you likely did not see the commercial, which apparently was seen only by Super Bowl XLVI watchers in the Midwestern state. Ferrell has done a series of ads for the beer company that have aired in Davenport, Iowa, and Terre Haute, Indiana.
The Old Milwaukee spot was posted on the Tumblr blog for Ferrell’s Funny or Die comedy website, alongside the caption: “No list of best Super Bowl commercials would be complete without this big-budget gem that only aired in Nebraska.”
According to the sports blog Deadspin (via Vulture), there’s a possibility the ad — wherein the comedian walks stoically across a field while someone off-camera throws him a beer can — only showed in the Nebraskan town of North Platte, which also happens to be the hometown of New England Patriots player Danny Woodhead.
Watch the Youtube clip below, and notice the awkward moment when the commercial gets cut off toward the end:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day