- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
William Shatner will boldly travel across the U.S. on a three-wheeled motorcycle.
The Star Trek star announced plans Monday for the cross-country mission to promote his custom trike and raise awareness about the American Legion.
“I am taking another step into the unknown,” the 84-year-old actor said in a statement.
Shatner partnered with motorcycle builder American Wrench to create the Rivet motorcycle. The Aurora, Illinois-based company said the silver-studded bike is inspired by the B-17 bomber.
The eight-day journey will launch June 23 outside Chicago and make stops in St. Louis; Kansas City, Missouri; Oklahoma City; Amarillo, Texas; Albuquerque; Flagstaff, Arizona; and Las Vegas before arriving in Los Angeles on June 30.
Shatner will be joined on the 2,400-mile ride by members of the American Legion and American Wrench crew. The company is planning to sell limited quantities of Shatner’s trike.
American Wrench describes the Rivet as a “landjet” that will feature a V8 engine and an exposed cockpit with seating “only for a captain.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day