- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The season premiere of “Wipeout”* drew 9.5 million viewers and a 3.1 rating, winning its hour, though slipped 6% from last year when it aired on Wednesday.
“Downfall” (5.7 million, 1.9), where contestants answer questions on the roof of a skyscraper (promo clip below), improved its time period compared to last year but slipped 39% from “Wipeout.” ABC News’ “Primetime: Mind Games” (3.9 million, 1.3) aired at 10 p.m.
ABC placed third overall for the night, though the network points out its up considerably for the evening compared to last year.
Fox ranked first thanks to a two-hour “Hell’s Kitchen” (6.2 million, 2.8), on par with last week.
NBC had the highest-rated show of the night with a two-hour “America’s Got Talent” (11.7 million, 3.4) — up 12%. NBC might have won if not 8 p.m.’s modest “Losing It With Jillian” (3.7 million, 1.2), which fell 14%. CBS was in fourth place with repeats.
* The two-hour edition of “Wipeout” from a few weeks back was considered by the network a “preview.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day