- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As many of the nearly 100 broadcast and cable pilots begin production, a new parody video is making the rounds mocking the “start gifts” that many agencies send out to talent and showrunners.
PHOTOS: The Faces of Pilot Season 2013
New Girl alum — and WME client — Nelson Franklin stars in the seven-minute parody as a beleaguered second assistant to TV head Rick Rosen, who has tasked the up-and-comer with delivering scores of “start gifts” to the agency’s many clients.
STORY: TV Pilots 2013: The Complete Guide
As he struggles to crisscross Los Angeles delivering the tiny packages, “Young Mitch” doesn’t get the warmest reception from WME’s clients — including Howard Gordon (who has multiple pilots in the works this season), Shawn Ryan (CBS’ Beverly Hills Cop) and Larry Charles (ABC’s Mixology).
The video was produced in-house as part of WME’s quarterly staff meetings where the agency’s various departments put together creative clips to spotlight their accomplishments. Start Gifts joins previous parodies including Pinkberry: The Movie, and its sequel Staff Meeting: The Movie.
Check out the pilot season parody, below.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day