- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix is reuniting the Wu Assassins.
The streamer has greenlit an original movie titled Fistful of Vengeance that will follow Kai Jin (Iko Uwais) and several other original cast members in a new, standalone story. A date for the film hasn’t been set.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that beyond Fistful of Vengeance, further continuations of the Wu Assassins story — either more movies or a second season of the series — are still on the table at Netflix.
In addition to Uwais, Lewis Tan, Lawrence Kao and JuJu Chan Szeto will reprise their roles from the series. They’ll be joined in the cast by Pearl Thusi (Quantico), Francesca Corney, Jason Tobin (Warrior) and Rhatha Phongam (Only God Forgives).
Fistful of Vengeance will find the Wu Assassins reuniting in Bangkok to avenge the death of one of their own. They soon discover, however, that their new adversary is an ancient threat with otherworldly powers.
Roel Reiné, who helmed two episodes of Wu Assassins, is set to direct Fistful of Vengeance. Series veterans Cameron Litvack, Jessica Chou and Yalun Tu are writing the script. Creators Tony Krantz and John Wirth are producing along with Michael Frislev, Chad Oakes and Uwais.
The movie is set to film in Thailand, with production services by Living Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day