- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wyatt Russell dropped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Monday, where he discussed his role on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Russell, who plays the new Captain America on the Disney+ series, said he asked for one of the original Cap costumes.
“I requested Chris Evans’ old suit so I could feel like I was doing a good job since he did such a great job,” Russell said. “And they gave me a new one.”
The suit may look cool, but Russell told Kimmel it’s very uncomfortable. “It’s presentational in effect … And I am kind of a slouchy guy, so it is like the first piece locks [straight up] and the second piece zips up and locks [in] like that,” he said. You’re underneath the suit, but it looks cool.”
Although he’s the son of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 star Kurt Russell, the new Cap actor admitted he did not know much about the Marvel Cinematic Universe when he was cast in the role and tried to learn a lot quickly before a co-worker shut him down.
“So when I came on set, I was like, ‘What does that mean? Who’s that person? How do they fit in?’ And finally, Sebastian [Stan] was like, ‘Dude, stop asking questions. You’re going to get more confused. If you get answers, it’s going to be worse,'” Russell said.
Watch the full interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day